Echoes by Alice Reed

Monday, August 6, 2018
They wake on a deserted island. Fiona and Miles, high school enemies now stranded together. No memory of how they got there. No plan to follow, no hope to hold on to.

Each step forward reveals the mystery behind the forces that brought them here. And soon, the most chilling discovery: something else is on the island with them.

Something that won't let them leave alive.

Released on August 7, 2018 by Entangled:Teen
Goodreads  |  Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble

My Thoughts:

Fiona and Miles couldn't be any more different than each other, but somehow they ended up landing the same pharmaceutical internship abroad in Berlin. Between alternating chapters, the story follows the two as they adventure through two very different types of stories, that really make for a fun adventurous ride. 

Originally, I didn't know what to think of Echoes. I never got confused (which is surprising when it has two different stories happening at once), which is honestly surprising for me. It was done in a marvelous way that I was not confused, but instead, super curious as to what was happening. I had my own theories at first (none of which were true), but it was fun to determine what was really happening with the story. 

The main characters are Fiona, a bad-ass kick-boxing scholarship student, and Miles, a wealthy super-intelligent popular boy. Throughout high school, they've had a unspoken hatred for each other, which starts to wash away as they face more and more danger. The characters were fun, but they weren't such WOW characters that would have made this book more of a favorite for me. I felt for them, I wanted them to be happy, but I also wanted to learn more about them. 

What is so interesting about this book was the ending. I was silently yelling at the book because of the ending, but it was because I was so desperate for answers as to what was going on. It was wonderfully executed, and Alice Reed really left me wanting more. 

This fast-paced adventure novel was a fun read, and I highly suggest it if you want a mystery book that doesn't deal with a bunch of death or murders. It reminded me of a little more hardcore Jumanji, minus the video game, and more of the island adventure. 

Stars: 4 out of 5
What I Liked: Amazing plot and pace
What I Disliked: Didn't necessarily dislike, but the characters could have had just a little bit more to make me really like them. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top